Summer is winding to a close, and soon we’ll be faced with cooler air, falling leaves, and preparing our yard for winter. Fall general means less mowing required, but unfortunately that’s replaced with more raking and clearing of leaves. And for those who have lots of trees in their yards, keeping up with the falling leaves is an endless, futile chore.
However, it is important to make sure that all of the leaves, debris and branches are cleared from your yard before winter sets in. That’s why most landscaping companies offer a service called Fall Clean-Up.
The Benefits of Fall Clean-Up
Fall Clean-Up is the removal of fallen leaves, branches, fruit, logs and other debris that have collected in your yard, landscaping beds, sidewalks and driveways over the spring and summer months. It’s an important part of preparing your lawn and landscaping for the cooler fall and winter weather.
You’ll want to remove these leaves and other debris prior to the first snow for the following reasons:
- It prevents your grass from “suffocating” under all the debris and winter snow.
- When you remove the debris, you are also removing disease organisms, mold, mosquito and bug larvae and any other disease problems that are breeding in it.
- It preserves the hard work and care you’ve spent on your lawn and landscaping all year long.
- It reduces the number of plants you will have to replace in the spring.
- Fall Clean-Up also includes trimming perennials, pulling weeds and removing the annuals you planted in the spring.
- Don’t forget to clean, sterilize and sharpen your garden and landscaping tools
- Make repairs to your lawnmower so it is ready to go in the spring
If you’d like to schedule a Fall Clean-Up service for your yard, or other seasonal preparations for winter, please contact Blue Ring Residential Services at 614-633-6770, or visit our website at www.blueringresidential.com.
Jack Zalium, Flickr, https://www.flickr.com/photos/kaiban/8156574402