Spring Clean-Up prepares your yard for a successful growing season. Dead leaves and other leftover foliage can suffocate your landscaping, and breed diseases and infestations.
Getting your yard ready for spring is a necessary process to ensure you have a strong start to your landscaping and planting season!
Spring Clean-Up services can include:
- Weeding – Begin your Spring Clean-Up efforts by removing weeds, fallen branches, dead plants and pinecones from your landscaping beds. Pull out last year’s annuals if you didn’t get around to it. It’s also important to cut back overgrown ornamental grasses and perennials. If the perennials have outgrown their spot in your bed, dig them out, divide them, and transplant them in another area.
- Pruning – Trimming the dead or damaged branches from your trees and shrubs caused by the cold winter weather makes room for new growth.
- Edging – Edging defines the shape and form of your landscaping beds. It keeps your soil and mulch in place and helps maintain clear walkways. Include your sidewalks, driveways, and patios in your edging efforts.
- Mulching – Not only does mulch make your landscaping beds look immaculate, it also allows for water and air to move through the soil. Mulch is an insulator, keeping the roots cool from the warm summer sun and reducing water evaporation - which means you have to water less.
- Planting – It’s fun to plant new flowers, bushes and trees to your yard that add color and balance. Be sure to leave plenty of space between what you plant to avoid overcrowding once it grows.
If you have questions about Spring-Clean Up services or are looking for a landscaping company to do it for you, contact Blue Ring Residential Services at 614.633.6770, or visit our website at www.blueringresidential.com.