Your plants, flowers, shrubs and trees may be the focus of your landscaping during the day, but their beauty disappears in the cover of night. You may enjoy sitting outside on your patio or deck with your family and friends, but when the sun goes down, you may gravitate inside.
Outdoor lighting adds to your home’s appearance, functionality and safety. A well-landscaped yard can look striking both during the day and at night, and carefully placed lighting allows you to use your yard long after the sun goes down.
Here are five advantages to having outdoor lighting installed in your yard and landscaping:
- Lighting increases curb appeal. Lighting is one of the first things people notice when they are finding their way to your home. Strategically placed lighting adds a unique beauty to your yard.
- It accents the features of your home’s architecture. Having outdoor lights installed in your yard is a great way to accent the beauty and charm of your home.
- It highlights ponds, pools, gardens, patios and decks. Lighting can accentuate the hardscapes and other features of your home. It allows you to use your patio, pool or sitting area well into the evening hours.
- Lighting illuminates walkways. Lighting for your driveway, pathways, sidewalks and entryways provides your guests with a clear and safe walking path to your home at night.
- It provides an element of security. Lighting can brighten the darkest corners of your landscaping, making it difficult for burglars to go unnoticed. With timers and dim controls, outdoor lighting makes your home look occupied, even when you are not there.
Through strategically placed lamp posts, uplights, downlights, or underwater lights, outdoor lighting can help give your home or business the look and feel you want.
If you are interested in having outdoor lighting installed at your home or business, call Blue Ring Residential Services at 614-633-6770.
Photo courtesy of Outdoor lighting Perspectives of San Antonio & the HillCountry, LLC,https://www.flickr.com/photos/olp_sanantonio/2584479877/ Creative Commons