It’s every homeowner’s responsibility to keep their landscaping maintained and looking nice. A well-kept yard increases your home’s curb appeal and contributes to the overall look and feel of your street.
Tree pruning is an outdoor job that adds significant beauty to your home.
What is Tree Pruning?
Tree pruning is the trimming or removal of certain branches and stems in your trees. It’s an important job that is usually done in early spring while the tree is dormant, but minor pruning can be done throughout the summer if needed.
Here are six reasons why you should include tree pruning in your list of landscaping priorities:
- Safety. Removing dead branches before they break and fall is an important precaution. Wind or the weight of snow can damage or weaken branches over time, causing falling branches to damage to your property.
- Aesthetics. Tree pruning allows you to control the size and shape of your trees, keeping your landscaping in proper proportion.
- Preventing cross branches. Overgrown trees sometimes cross branches, causing them to twist and rub together.
- Promote growth. Pruning trees can encourage flower and fruit development, or growth of a certain part of your tree.
- Avoid insect infestations. Many types of trees are susceptible to disease and insect infestations. Pruning can help control this and encourage the overall health of your tree.
- Tree thinning. Most people appreciate the shade a tree can bring, but a thick, overgrown tree can be a canopy that blocks light. Pruning helps to thin the branches, so air and sunlight can reach your home and benefit your landscaping.
If you’d like more information about tree pruning, or a quote for tree pruning for your yard, contact Blue Ring Residential Services at 614-633-6770.