If you ask the professionals at Blue Ring Residential Services, the answer is yes.
A tree stump is what remains of a tree after it has fallen or been cut down. It’s big, thick and may be an overwhelming chore to get rid of. Many homeowners choose to keep them around for a while, but here are seven good reasons why we recommend you have them removed:
- Aesthetics. If you are meticulous about your yard, you will probably not like how a tree stump looks in it.
- Safety. Children can trip over them and fall, or fall, hitting the stump on the way down.
- Lawnmower damage. Stumps create a hazardous obstacle to mow around, often causing damage to the lawnmower.
- Disease. Similar to dead trees, stumps can spread disease and attract pests such as wasps, hornets, bees and termites, which can spread to other trees and your home.
- Root growth. The stump’s roots grow over time and can crack or lift foundations, driveways, sidewalks and other surfaces.
- New, unwanted growth. Tree stumps can give off new shoots, which will require constant trimming to keep them from taking over your yard.
- It takes away from the landscaping you do want. Not only is a tree stump unattractive, but it also absorbs nutrients your other plants need.
Removing trees and stumps is time consuming, labor intensive and dangerous. Hiring a professional tree removal service is a safe and practical way to clear your yard of unwanted trees and stumps.
At Blue Ring Residential Services, we will evaluate the health of each of your trees, examine the stumps, and recommend the best course of action. Whether it’s pruning, trimming, or the complete removal of the trees and stumps, we are here to help. Call us today at 614-633-6770 to schedule an appointment!